About Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji College
Our Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji College was established in June 1959; it was immediately after the inception of Marathwada University.Ours was the first college in old Osmanabad district to start science faculty. Expensive science faculty was a great difficulty, but our venerable members were well determined to keep it going on right from the beginning. The college has been named after the great "Yugpursh" of Maharashtra Chhatrapati Shivaji.
History knows king Shivaji as the only king of Rayat (Public), in true sense. So, our sanstha has same motto of people's welfare. It is the sanstha, of the people and for the people. Then, this area was known as Nizam State and even uttering the word "Bharat" was a crime. Still, with great nationalistic spirit and to actively participate in freedom movement our beloved leaders named the sanstha as "Bharat Shikshan Sanstha" and many times they had to go through political harassment due to it.Reverend freedom fighter Late Tatyaraoji More, the founder and former Secretary and his colleagues established Bharat Vidyalaya in the same year. They knew that education alone is the means to break the shackles of ignorance and poverty; education alone can bring enlightenment and education alone can make nations freedom and democracy successful.
Branches run by Bharat Shikshan Sanstha
1. Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji College,Omerga.
2. B.S.S Art's and Science College, Makni. Taluka Lohara.
3. Art's, Science and Commerce Junior College, Murum. Taluka Omerga.
4. Bharat Secondary and Higher Secondary School, Omerga.
5. Bharat Vidyalaya, Omerga.
6. Jairam Vidyalaya, Omerga.
7. Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Highschool, Talmod.
8. Bharat Vidyalaya, Bedga.
9. Bharat Vidyalaya, Malgi.
10. Bharat Primary School, Omerga.
11. Bharat Primary School, Makni.